We’ve created the ultimate event planning checklist to make sure you’re organising the right way.
We know how tricky planning the perfect event can be, so VenueScanner is here to make things as simple as possible. When it comes to events, it’s far better to be productive and not just busy, so this should help you find your way. From weddings to large corporate events, we all need a little helping hand when it comes to keeping on top of planning logistics. Just print out and follow this handy event planning checklist to ensure that you’re covered from all angles and for every event disaster. Action stations everyone, it’s time to get organised!
Event planning checklist 4-6 months ahead
- Establish your event goals and objectives.
- Select the event date.
- Source the venue with VenueScanner’s easy search tool.
- Get cost estimates for catering, equipment, entertainment etc.
- Finalise your event budget.
- Create and launch a publicity plan and brand your event.
- Choose a theme (you might enjoy our guide to unusual Christmas party event themes)
- Send invitations.
- Confirm catering arrangements.
- Identify and confirm event coordinator(s).
- Identify and confirm furniture hire/venue decoration.
- Identify and confirm AV equipment and lighting.
- Identify and confirm entertainment/speakers.
- Confirm sponsors/partners.
- Confirm security arrangements.
- Confirm the photographer(s).
- Create a custom event website or event page on your company’s website.
Event planning checklist 3-4 months ahead
- Put in place travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Sign your venue contract (check out our helpful venue contract checklist, here)
- Get all supplier contracts signed and finalised.
- Investigate logistics on permits, insurance, licences etc.
- Taste and finalise the menu.
- Finalise the decoration.
- Finalise the photography.
- Finalise the AV equipment.
- Finalise the entertainment.
- Finalise the setup arrangements.
- Request logos and materials from sponsors for printed material.
- Produce and order all printed material.
- Create a Facebook event to confirm attendees.
Event planning checklist 2 months ahead
- Send reminders to your invited guests and chase up unconfirmed attendees.
- Confirm travel and accommodation plans.
- Finalise the event schedule.
- Brief all involved on duties and event timings.
- Finalise the seating plan.
- Finalise printed materials.
Event planning checklist 1 week ahead
- Have all involved organisers meet to confirm the event details and arrange backups for ‘worst-case’ event scenarios.
- Provide final guest numbers to your caterer.
- Finalise presentations.
Event planning checklist 1 day ahead
- Confirm any media attending.
- Set up the event space.
- Finalise arrangements for dismantling the event furniture/decor.
- Relax, you’ve done a great job!