Calling all Venue Hosts!
Check this out… our most viewed venue page. Why is that I hear you ask? And how can I get a piece of the action?
The answer is this: photos, photos, photos, prices, prices, prices.
Yes… Location matters. It really matters. Stay where you are! Venue name matters. But not that much. Capacity and layout matter. But you have little control over what the Organiser is looking for.
So, really it’s all about:
Photos. Take a look at your venue on the search results list. Are you looking your best in this photo? Organisers act on impulse, so first impressions really do deliver fame and fortune.
Now, click on your venue and go through to the venue page. Take a look at all of your photos. Here’s the checklist:
- We recommend 4 photos per space. Add to that a couple of generic venue photos and you should have at least 6.
- Think about having one photo for each layout that your venue holds, this really helps the organiser get a sense of how their event will work in your space.
- Are the photos in the right order? That’s entirely up to you. Simplest rule, put the best ones up front. Photo number 1 will be the one on the search results page.
- Are the photos high res? We recommend landscape photos, at least 1220 pixels wide x 686 pixels high. Want to know how many pixels you’re existing pictures are? Just email and ask us.
- Are the photos really doing you justice? We’ve taken amazing photos of venues and events with an iPhone and a simple editing app like PicEdit. So, take it out of your pocket and start snapping.
- Read this guide to taking photos of interiors. But if you’d like to go professional, we can link you up with a photographer for a great price, just get in touch.
If you’d like to change any of the photos (swap in / out, change the order?) please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all of the info:
- URL for your venue
- Details of photos you’d like to add / remove (please attach the photos you would like to add)
- Details of the preferred order in which you’d like photos to appear
Send over the information. We’ll be right onto it and get your venue listing into focus in no time.
Prices, prices, prices? We’ll come back to that next week. Based on your feedback, we’re making some changes to the way prices are displayed, more on that soon.
That’s it for now! Time to get trigger happy ?
PS – TOP TIP: landscape photos work better than portrait when looking at venues, so stick to landscape.