The annual summer party is the jewel in the crown of the corporate event calendar. Here’s how to ensure it goes off without a hitch with our summer party planning checklist.
Avoiding the potential pitfalls of planning your corporate summer party can be a rather daunting task. You certainly don’t want to forget to book a DJ or misplace the coals for the BBQ. To ensure summer party success just print out our handy summer party planning checklist and carry out the listed actions at the times specified. There’ll be nothing but blue skies from here on out.
Summer party planning checklist 4-6 months ahead
- Establish your event goals and objectives.
- Select the event date.
- Source the venue with VenueScanner’s easy search tool.
- Get cost estimates for catering, equipment, entertainment etc.
- Finalise your event budget.
- Create and launch a publicity plan and brand your event.
- Choose a theme. Summer parties are a great chance to capitalise on those tropical vibes. Alternatively, why not throw a classic British fête? The perfect kitschy but cool theme.
- Send invitations.
- Confirm catering arrangements.
- Identify and confirm the event coordinator(s).
- Confirm and identify furniture hire/venue decoration.
- Identify and confirm AV equipment and lighting.
- Identify and confirm entertainment/speakers.
- Confirm and identify sponsors/partners.
- Finalise security arrangements.
- Confirm the photographer(s).
- Create a custom event website or event page on your company’s website.
Summer party planning checklist 3-4 months ahead
- Put in place travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Sign your venue contract (check out our helpful venue contract checklist, here)
- Get all supplier contracts signed and finalised.
- Investigate logistics on permits, insurance, licences etc.
- Taste and finalise the menu.
- Finalise the decoration.
- Finalise photography.
- Confirm the AV equipment.
- Finalise the entertainment.
- Finalise the setup arrangements.
- Request logos and materials from sponsors for printed material.
- Produce and order all printed material.
- Create a Facebook event to confirm attendees.
Summer party planning checklist 2 months ahead
- Send reminders to your invited guests and chase up unconfirmed attendees.
- Confirm travel and accommodation plans.
- Finalise the event schedule.
- Brief all involved on duties and event timings.
- Finalise the seating plan.
- Finalise printed materials.
Summer party planning checklist 1 week ahead
- Have all involved organisers meet to confirm the event details and arrange backups for ‘worst-case’ event scenarios.
- Provide final guest numbers to your caterer.
- Finalise presentations.
Summer party planning checklist 1 day ahead
- Confirm any media attending.
- Set up the event space.
- Finalise arrangements for dismantling the event furniture/decor.
- Relax, you’ve done a great job!
For more advice on how to plan the perfect summer party, take a look at our detailed blog post here. Alternatively, if you’re ready to start your venue search, take a look at our summer party landing page here. Or, you can begin a search for yourselves over on our main website.