Private dining is more than just the food, it's an experience
From local pubs, to national galleries, we're revealing the private dining spots in Edinburgh which will prove to you that the magic behind private dining isn't just the food, a big component is the setting. So, whether it's a business meeting, graduation dinner or family reunion, we've handpicked the top 10 private dining spaces which'll add that extra bit of magic to your event.
Mumbai Diners' Club Restaurant
Private Dining Room
With its own bar, it is perfect for any celebration and has ample room for a drinks reception. If projector facilities are required this can also be accommodated. We also have a lovely summer terrace just outside where you are free to mingle for drinks.
Tips when organising a private dining party in Edinburgh
1. Book well in advance: No matter how big the event you're planning, make sure you've booked the space well in advance! Any good private dining restaurant in Edinburgh is bound to be booked up quickly, so don't assume because it's not "peak season" or a "peak time" that a venue's private dining space will be available. From intimate dinners for two, to networking dinners, there are thousands of people who seek private dining spaces, so get their fast, to ensure you get to book first!
2. Consider your budget: Most private dining rooms have set menus based on a price per guest, but some also work on a minimum spend basis. Make sure you budget wisely, as being able to tell a venue your budget first may mean that they can create a bespoke private dining package based on your needs. Don't go out of pocket, because you've fallen in love with a private dining space and you're willing to break the bank for a price you've seen on their online menu. Always let them know your budget, and trust me, you may be pleasantly surprised by what they'll be able to offer.
3. Know any dietary requirements: If you're planning a business lunch with clients or even a graduation party make sure you know whether anyone attending has a nut allergy, is diabetic, vegetarian, etc. You don't want to make the mistake of booking with a restaurant to find out when you turn up that they can't cater to your guests' needs. Make sure you check with the restaurant or venue beforehand whether they have menu options which your guests can eat.
4. Don't be afraid to ask for help with food and wine choices: We're all "foodies" in our own right, but this doesn't mean that we know it all, even I don't know it all (which is still hard for me to admit). If you're unsure about what to order or what wine would complement the food you're looking to order then ask!
5. Personalise the space: Depending on what type of private experience you're looking to have and on the occasion, add a little personal touch to the room. Flowers? Balloons? Anything that'll add some warmth to the room and suits the occasion always helps to give an uplifting vibe. Most private dining rooms will allow you to add a little bit of you to the room, so don't be afraid to do so. Obviously, don't go too wild on decor, but have a little fun with it.
Best Western Braid Hills Hotel
1886 Restaurant is a modern dining room, flooded with natural daylight and enjoying panoramic views across Edinburgh to the Firth of Forth beyond. Seasonality is the driving force within our restaurant menu. Keeping freshness at the forefront of our cooking.