Our favourite dry hire spaces in London
Dry hire - hiring a space or venue without added on catering services - it’s the perfect solution for when a blank canvas is all you really need.
Top five advantages of dry hire
To many, it might seem madness to hire just a space for your event when there are so many great venues with dedicated service teams that can help you plan and execute the perfect event, right down to the minutest detail. However, apart from avoiding the hefty price tag, there are occasions when hiring a blank canvas is the perfect solution. We’ve rounded up what we think are the top 5 advantages to dry hire so the next time you’re thinking about where to host your birthday or corporate event you may consider choosing a dry hire venue.
1) Gives you more control When you hire a dry venue - you’re in the driving seat. You get to decide on the look and feel of the event as well as how you want it to run. But don’t worry, just because you’ve opted for just space, doesn’t mean there won’t be onsite staff to assist before, during and after your event.
2) Gives you more flexibility Dry hire venues are a great option for when you want to host a truly personalized event, like a wedding for example. Hiring a blank canvas gives event organizers greater ability to tailor the event depending on needs and desires. If you and your husband-to-be met had your first date at a local Italian restaurant, why not hire them as caterers for your reception!
3) Offers a greater choice of suppliers Despite most venues now offering a variety of hospitality packages, sometimes you just want to be able to source the catering services yourself. You may have worked with a brilliant company for years or have a best friend who is a chef and just starting out. Whatever the reason when you opt for a dry hire venue, you can choose who provides the catering for your event - if catering is even needed at all.
4) It can cost you less A real bonus of a dry venue hire is that costs are often reduced as you’re simply paying for the venue. Not having catering reduces the overheads. This is a great option if you have a team who are able to cover certain duties themselves, or when the event does not require much catering.
5) Guaranteed uniqueness No two events will ever be the same as a dry hire venue so if it’s originality that you’re after than a dry hire space is the best option.