Like the rest of the world, we’ve been deeply concerned about the escalating impact of COVID-19 in the last few weeks.
The hospitality industry is facing an unprecedented challenge, and difficult times lay ahead for hard-working people in our sector. At VenueScanner, we are committed to supporting our partner venues and continuing to do the thing we are best at: matching event organisers with brilliant spaces all over the UK.
We are working tirelessly to ensure that our team, event organisers and venue hosts have helpful guidance amidst the confusion brought on by this virus.
What we are doing as a business
Our priorities for managing the COVID-19 threat are two-fold:
- To help organisers rearrange events that might need to be postponed or cancelled. Cancellations are disastrous for any given venue, and for the bookers themselves who might have been planning a wedding or large-scale corporate function for months – if not years – it can be heartbreaking. This is not lost on us. We are here to support you with any needs you have, negotiating cancellation policies, sharing venues where you can book with £0 postpone fees, helping you convert events into digital events. Whatever it may be. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02034337561 if you’d like our advice.
- To help our venue hosts with guidance on policy to avoid them suffering too much of a hit to revenue, and to support them through this difficult period by offering financial and flexible benefits. If there is anything we can do to help you, whether it’s save money, secure revenue through different routes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com.
Our blog and social media
- With key developments occurring on a daily basis, we’ll be active across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram throughout the coming days as we keep planners and venue hosts right up to date.
- We have published a list of FAQs for venue hosts and event organisers.
- Last week our founder, Rebecca Kelly, gave her top tips for working from home efficiently and we’ll have more expert guidance on how to navigate these difficult times if you’re working at a start-up soon.
Internal measures that we have taken:
- We’re holding no meetings or events in person
- All staff are working from home
- Ensuring our #1 approach is supporting our customers. We know that every venue will be affected by COVID-19 differently, and each will require a bespoke plan to move forward. Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll start making this plan together.