Christmas Party London: Do’s and Don’ts
As the event experts, we'd like to start out with some basic do's and don'ts when planning a Christmas party in the capital. Here's the full list:
- Book early. Honestly, it’s never too early to start looking. The speed at which venues get booked up in December is just accelerating and given recent year's events companies are more than ready to let their hair down for a proper Christmas bash.
- Budget properly. It’s difficult to confirm numbers for events that are happening next week, let alone in December. But having an educated guess at how many people might come, and the precise budget per head you’ve got for your party will make things far simpler when it comes to planning.
- Figure out when everyone is free. There’s no point booking a venue for one of the most competitive dates of the year to host a Christmas party if it turns out that nobody is actually free that evening.
- Leave it late. Sort of an extension of the first Do, really. The staff Christmas party isn’t really something that you can wing. It’s often the big date in the diary that your colleagues look forward to, so enquiring with your first-choice venue and confirming a date early can often pay off big time.
- Book a place without seeing it. It’s tempting to save time by booking a venue just judging it by the strength of its pictures and reviews online, but pencilling in a site visit will give you the chance to sample the menu (a huge bonus), meet the staff and get a feel for the venue itself.
- Just book the first place you see. VenueScanner was built for you to discover and compare the finest Christmas party venues in London. We’ve got stacks of information and an experienced concierge team to plan your office Christmas party should you need them. They are super friendly and will stop at nothing to get the best deal for you and your party.
Some inspiring London Christmas party ideas
You could treat your team to dinner and drinks at the top of an iconic skyscraper. Over in Camden Town there's a beautiful events space that would be brilliant for large offices looking for exclusive hire. Everybody loves bowling, and these scavenger hunts are a fantastic way to make friends of your colleagues before your evening entertainment.
Here’s an article about alternative Christmas party ideas, and another on how to save money - but still have a great time - with a shared Christmas party in London. Check out our blog for more exciting London Christmas party ideas as the festive season draws closer.
Where to host a Christmas party in London
As with any corporate party, it’s helpful for your staff, clients, stakeholders and plus ones if your event is well-served by public transport. As a general rule, Christmas party venues in London are typically in demand if they’re close to an underground station or a big terminal like King’s Cross, Liverpool Street, Victoria or London Bridge.
It’s hard to pin down a particular area with a high concentration of the top Christmas party restaurants London has to offer. However, Soho is a strong choice thanks to its many bars and restaurants, Islington’s Upper Street is home to thriving pubs and late-night dancing spots, while Shoreditch is popular with young start-ups and companies based close by in the City of London.
Christmas parties London 2022
With close to 3,000 of the leading Christmas party venues London has to offer in our catalogue, VenueScanner is the ideal place to discover, compare and then book venues for your festive do. Our service is free, we’ve got a generous rewards scheme for our customers and we put you in direct contact with venue hosts to help make your plans a reality. We’ve even got a dedicated concierge team to take all of the stress away from you.
Whether you only need a small space, are searching for something a bit different or would like a private dining area or you’re only here for the drinks and dancing, you’ll find your ideal London Christmas party venue here on our platform. Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help any step of the way.
Why should I use VenueScanner?
Great question. When our founder, Rebecca Kelly, first thought up the concept of VenueScanner, she wanted to create a genuinely useful resource that matched PAs with amazing venues all over the country.
It’s resulted in us helping people find venues for smaller events – we’re talking exercise classes, birthday parties and meetings – to large-scale functions like business conferences and team away day experiences. Christmas parties, though? That is what we do best.
Each year, we help PAs discover and book venues that perfectly match their office’s budget, style and personality. There’s plenty to arrange with the Christmas party, but finding a suitable venue isn’t anything to fret about when you’re using our platform. So whether you’re wanting to book somewhere for dinner and drinks, considering a boat party experience or want a venue with activities, you’ll find your perfect fit amongst our selection of the best Christmas party venues London can offer.